mercredi, juin 08, 2005

Hi, My name is ... and I am a...

I'm a compulsive gum-chewer. It seems like sometimes when I'm up working late at night that all I really need or want is a wad of gum and some rousing music.

Here I am, working late at night, tired as all hell, wishing I could scream, sleep, or find some kind of inner peace. I miss having Kevin around to hang out with me while we work. Someday if or when I settle down, I need to find buddies like that, who will stay up and work with me. It's just more fun that way, not necessary, but more fun for sure. Kev, I miss you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Wednesday, 8 June, 2005 :: 10

Can you coax your mind from its wandering
and keep to the original oneness?
Can you let your body become
supple as a newborn child's?
Can you cleanse your inner vision
until you see nothing but the light?
Can you love people and lead them
without imposing your will?
Can you deal with the most vital matters
by letting events take their course?
Can you step back from your own mind
and thus understand all things?

Giving birth and nourishing,
having without possessing,
acting with no expectations,
leading and not trying to control:
this is the supreme virtue.

Translation by Stephen Mitchell.
Site © Copyright 2003-5 Glen Sanford.
All Rights Reserved.

mercredi, juin 08, 2005 5:26:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home